custom ICE attribute to Maya

Leo Quensel

Jul 10, 2012, 4:58:31 AM7/10/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Hey guys,

since I have not been able to de-instance my simulation so far,
my next approach is to send the particle simulation to Maya (where it gets rendered anyway), re-assign the instances and de-instance there.
I thought this should be possible creating a custom integer attribute containing the instance index per point.

However, I have not found a way to load this attribute inside Maya. I forced
it to cache by enabling an attribute display for it, and it is inside
the .xml file for the nCache, so it should be there.
Unfortunately that is not the case - he always tells me the attribute does not exist.

I found this thread:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/xsi_list/qXnL5-86mLI

Where Chris Gardner successfully does the same thing, so I am probably doing
something wrong here.
Has anyone done something like this and could give me a step-by-step instruction?

Cheers,
Leo

Leo Quensel

Jul 10, 2012, 9:47:17 AM7/10/12
to soft...@listproc.autodesk.com
Just to answer my own question:

The attribute has to exist in Maya has to exist BEFORE
Afterwards, it work fine - cache the shape ID to a
custom attribute, create a float per particle attribute
in Maya that has the same name as in Soft and now attach the cache.

Leo

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 10:58:31 +0200
> Von: "Leo Quensel" <le...@gmx.de>