what file(s) need to be deleted to do a clean install?

Matt Lind

Oct 4, 2021, 5:10:21 PM10/4/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com
I was launching Softimage 2014 the other day as I had to exhume an old
project, but just as Softimage was starting up, I experienced a blue
screen.  When the system restarted and I attempted to launch Softimage,
I was presented with a dialog box stating my license was corrupted and
needs repair.  I clicked the 'repair' option, but instead of repairing
the license, now the application doesn't start at all.  Can't even get
an error message.

I didn't have the patience to try to troubleshoot things, so I decided
to uninstall Softimage, then re-install from scratch figuring that the
corrupt file(s) would be deleted and replaced.  My assumption was
wrong.  Now I'm presented with the "ERROR: There is no interactive
license available to run Softimage 2014".  Clearly, I didn't delete all
the necessary files to wipe my drive of all prior traces of a Softimage
installation.  I realize that dialog is likely a different issue than
the corruption issue, but I'd rather get things into a state of knowing
it's set up properly without having to do any secret handshakes.

Assuming uninstall is performed normally, Does anybody know which
file(s) I must delete to rid my system of all traces of Softimage ever
being installed so I can do a fresh installation without legacy issues
getting in the way?

I assume at least this much:
    C:\program files\Autodesk
    C:\users\<username>\Autodesk\*
    %TEMP%\appdata\local\temp\*

Any registry keys or other folders I need to delete?

thanks,

Matt

davids...@gmail.com

Oct 5, 2021, 4:19:21 AM10/5/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com
There may be a licence folder in the hard drive root c: ...

David Saber
DreamCraft Digital
Graphics – Medias - Animations – 3d
www.dreamcraftdigital.com
con...@dreamcraftdigital.com
+33 6 26 13 25 98
+33 4 89 89 05 22

Jens Lindgren

Oct 5, 2021, 4:42:18 AM10/5/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt!

You have some more folders with Autodesk as well...
C:\ProgramData\Autodesk
%appdata%\Autodesk
%localappdata%\Autodesk

Cheers!
//Jens

Jens Lindgren
------------------------------------
CG Supervisor @ Important Looking Pirates

David Gallagher

Nov 16, 2021, 5:06:21 PM11/16/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com, Matt Lind

Does anyone know how to get ahold of Matt Lind?
I paid him to do a softimage to maya rig conversion tool, which he made and was really great. But the software included licensing and timed out, so I'm not able to use it.

Hey Matt. Did you get my emails and text messages from months back?

On 10/4/2021 2:44 PM, Matt Lind wrote:
it worked.

Sven Constable

Nov 16, 2021, 5:36:00 PM11/16/21
to xsi_...@googlegroups.com

We had some email conversation in 2019. He wrote a script for me and I helped him with his old projects in exchange.

I have his email adress (the same he uses for the list) and the postal address. Unfortunatly nothing else.

Sven