Encryption

LANS

Dec 8, 2008, 8:23:46 PM12/8/08
to Xsera Development
I'll keep all my notes/todos/help-asks/etc in this discussion thread.

Alastair pointed me towards OpenSSL, so I'm planning to use that
blowfish implementation.

I'm guessing these three pages are what I need to look at:
http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/blowfish.html
http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/rand.html
http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/err.html

What should I use as the random seed?

Here's my current idea as to how it should work (and what I'll work on
next time I have time to):
#include<openssl/rand.h>
#include <openssl/blowfish.h>

First, I use something from here: http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/RAND_add.html#
to create a rand seed.

int keySeed = int RAND_pseudo_bytes(unsigned char *buf, int num);

It appears I need this:
http://www.openssl.org/docs/crypto/EVP_EncryptInit.html#
Instead of directly calling the blowfish functions. Opinions and
suggestions of how I should do what needs to be done are appreciated.

Note: the above code is just my mapping-out of what it needs/should
do. Its not being copypasted at all into the final version.

-Andrew