[xsera-dev] Compiler versions

LANS

Nov 20, 2008, 7:43:15 PM11/20/08
to Xsera Development
I've noticed that when I try to compile Xsera, Xcode errors saying it
wants GCC 4.2. Right now I have GCC 4.0.1. Can we change to using GCC
4.0.1, or should I get 4.2?

-LANS

Adam

Nov 20, 2008, 7:54:20 PM11/20/08
to xser...@googlegroups.com
Ehh, it works fine for myself, using GCC 4.0 (I don't know if this is
4.0.1 or not, it just says 4.0) on an Intel.

Adam

LANS

Nov 20, 2008, 8:06:56 PM11/20/08
to Xsera Development
Found it. Project menu -> Edit Active Target "Xsera" -> build tab
Search for a variable GCC_VERSION, and change it to the version of GCC
you would like to use. Mine was set to 4.2. Changing it to 4.0 fixed
the error.

LANS

Nov 20, 2008, 9:10:38 PM11/20/08
to Xsera Development
Alright, the compiler works now, but it refuses to include any of the
files for some reason. Even if I set the header and library search
paths (in the compiler settings, same as the change above) to include
the entire xsera directory recursively, it doesn't find anything.

Any ideas?

Alastair Lynn

Nov 21, 2008, 4:20:44 AM11/21/08
to xser...@googlegroups.com
Yes: install Xcode 3.1 which has GCC 4.2 with it and use that.

Adam

Nov 21, 2008, 9:37:32 AM11/21/08
to xser...@googlegroups.com
I'm using Xcode 3.1 and GCC 4.0... should I switch over? It says that
4.0 is my "system version", so I'm a bit confused about the transition.

Also, there's LLVM GCC 4.2... what's that? I've heard of it, but I've
long forgotten what it stands for...

Adam

LANS

Nov 21, 2008, 11:25:26 AM11/21/08
to Xsera Development
Low-Level-Virtual-Machine
Look it up, its interesting, I'm just not too sure what I'd use it
for.