XRuby 0.2.0 released

Xue Yong Zhi

May 15, 2007, 1:03:46 PM5/15/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com

Please see the announcement on our blog:
http://xruby.blogspot.com/2007/05/xruby-020-released.html

We are not able to make all unit tests from cruby pass in this release, will
do it in 0.3.0:
http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/ToDoList
http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/LibraryMethodNotImplemented

It’s free. http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07

dreamhead

May 15, 2007, 9:06:16 PM5/15/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
Congratulate ourselves!

When I chatted with Pat Eyler (On-Ruby), YAML is his concern which can
support his performance test. I think we can support YAML in XRuby
0.3.0 if possible.

Any idea?

2007/5/16, Xue Yong Zhi <zhixu...@hotmail.com>:

--
Everything is simple!

femto

May 15, 2007, 10:41:33 PM5/15/07
to xruby-devel
don't think so, it is too quick.

On May 16, 9:06 am, dreamhead <dreamhead...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Congratulate ourselves!
>
> When I chatted with Pat Eyler (On-Ruby), YAML is his concern which can
> support his performance test. I think we can support YAML in XRuby
> 0.3.0 if possible.
>
> Any idea?
>

> 2007/5/16, Xue Yong Zhi <zhixuey...@hotmail.com>:

> > Please see the announcement on our blog:
> >http://xruby.blogspot.com/2007/05/xruby-020-released.html
>
> > We are not able to make all unit tests from cruby pass in this release, will
> > do it in 0.3.0:
> >http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/ToDoList
> >http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/LibraryMethodNotImplemented

> > Make every IM count. Download Messenger and join the i'm Initiative now.
> > It's free.http://im.live.com/messenger/im/home/?source=TAGHM_MAY07
>
> --

> Everything is simple!- Hide quoted text -

flyerhzm

May 16, 2007, 4:42:05 AM5/16/07
to xruby-devel
I download the source code and open it by eclipse, but there are some
compile errors. One of the errors in package
com.xruby.compiler.parser.RubyParser is that RubyParserBase cannot be
resolved to a type, I find the RubyParserBase is in the ruby.g rather
than a java file, why?

On May 16, 1:03 am, "Xue Yong Zhi" <zhixuey...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Please see the announcement on our blog:http://xruby.blogspot.com/2007/05/xruby-020-released.html
>
> We are not able to make all unit tests from cruby pass in this release, will

> do it in 0.3.0:http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/ToDoListhttp://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/LibraryMethodNotImplemented

dreamhead

May 16, 2007, 5:06:51 AM5/16/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
RubyParserBase is generated by ruby.g (Antlr grammar file), so there's
no need to add it in SVN. There're built.bat (for windows) and
build.sh (for Unix-like system) in XRuby root directory which will
help you to generate RubyParserBase.

Just type "build" (for windows) or "./build.sh" (for Unix-like system).

If you have installed Ant in your system, it's OK to type "ant".

2007/5/16, flyerhzm <flye...@gmail.com>:

--
Everything is simple!

Xue Yong Zhi

May 16, 2007, 10:55:53 AM5/16/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com

Please follow the instructions ('Eclispe' section) at:
http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/HowtoContribute

Live Hotmail.

Xue Yong Zhi

May 16, 2007, 11:01:44 AM5/16/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
It is kind of ambitious, but we definitely want to see it as early as
possible.
Right now we have four active members working on the trunk -- the best
situation we ever had, hopefully we can progress more quickly.

>From: femto <femt...@gmail.com>
>To: xruby-devel <xruby...@googlegroups.com>
>Subject: [xruby-devel] Re: XRuby 0.2.0 released

Catch suspicious messages before you open them—with Windows Live Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_protection_0507

femto gary

May 17, 2007, 9:52:49 AM5/17/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
the problem is, for yaml support,
we need c support. And we don't have any yet now.
(for really serious performance, we need to use c support).
And I don't want to the parser or codedom going too
far away from now, because then it'll be hard for me
to merge:)

--
Best Regards
XRuby http://xruby.com

Haofei

May 17, 2007, 10:02:45 AM5/17/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
On 5/17/07, femto gary <femt...@gmail.com> wrote:

the problem is, for yaml support,
we need c support. And we don't have any yet now.
(for really serious performance, we need to use c support).
And I don't want to the parser or codedom going too
far away from now, because then it'll be hard for me
to merge:)

Jruby uses jvyaml(which written in Java) to support yaml. https://jvyaml.dev.java.net/

femto

May 17, 2007, 9:47:03 PM5/17/07
to xruby-devel
good, then we can use that now.
is it performance good now?

On May 17, 10:02 pm, Haofei <yues...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 5/17/07, femto gary <femto...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > the problem is, for yaml support,
> > we need c support. And we don't have any yet now.
> > (for really serious performance, we need to use c support).
> > And I don't want to the parser or codedom going too
> > far away from now, because then it'll be hard for me
> > to merge:)
>

> Jruby uses jvyaml(which written in Java) to support yaml. https://*jvyaml*
> .dev.java.net/

> On 5/16/07, Xue Yong Zhi <zhixuey...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> > > Please follow the instructions ('Eclispe' section) at:
> > >http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/HowtoContribute

> > some
> > be

> > 0.3.0:http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/ToDoListhttp://code.google.com/p/...

> > Initiative

> > > PC Magazine's 2007 editors' choice for best Web mail-award-winning
> > Windows
> > > Live Hotmail.
>
> >http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_m...
>
> > --
> > Best Regards
> > XRubyhttp://xruby.com
> > femtohttp://hi.baidu.com/femto- Hide quoted text -

dreamhead

May 17, 2007, 10:41:55 PM5/17/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
Sounds interesting! It'll help us support YAML.

--
Everything is simple!