Annotation Status Updated

dreamhead

Aug 7, 2007, 2:58:52 AM8/7/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
Hi, all!

I'm working on Annotation recently. I've made some modifications of
Method Annotation to make it simpler. The current annotation is like
this.

@RubyLevelClass(name="Fixnum", superclass="Integer")
public class RubyFixnum extends RubyInteger {
@RubyLevelMethod(name="**")
public RubyValue pow(RubyValue v) { ... }

}

We don't need tell type of method(no arg, one arg etc.).
RubyTypeFactory can detect method signature to generate different type
implicitly.

I'm trying to apply annotation to builtin to make the code cleaner.
Some of builtin has been completed, e.g. RubyFixnum, RubyBignum etc.
You can read the code as reference if needed.

Ye Zheng

--
Everything is simple!

Xue Yong Zhi

Aug 7, 2007, 11:28:14 AM8/7/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
Looks great.

One question, how is method with default arguments being handled? For example

def f(a= 1)
end

For now, we pass the number of default argument to RubyMethod's ctor. Seems we need that information in annotation, right?

Thanks.

> Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 14:58:52 +0800
> From: dreamh...@gmail.com
> To: xruby...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [xruby-devel] Annotation Status Updated

> We don't need tell type of method(no arg, one arg etc.).
> RubyTypeFactory can detect method signature to generate different type
> implicitly.

See what you’re getting into…before you go there See it!