Change license to BSD?

Xue Yong Zhi

Mar 19, 2008, 10:44:32 PM3/19/08
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
XRuby has been using GPL license, which is more restrictive than BSD and will cause problems for users who can not open source their software.

I am considering to change the license BSD, but to do so I need permission of all xruby contributors to agree to make this change.

Please let me your opinions.

Thanks.

Xue Yong Zhi

bean...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2008, 10:47:06 PM3/19/08
to xruby-devel
Yes, I agree

Regards
Yu Su

On Mar 20, 10:44 am, Xue Yong Zhi <zhixuey...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> XRuby has been using GPL license, which is more restrictive than BSD and will cause problems for users who can not open source their software.
>
> I am considering to change the license BSD, but to do so I need permission of all xruby contributors to agree to make this change.
>
> Please let me your opinions.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Xue Yong Zhi
> Shed those extra pounds with MSN and The Biggest Loser!http://biggestloser.msn.com/

femto gary

Mar 19, 2008, 10:59:56 PM3/19/08
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
agreed.

--
Best Regards
XRuby http://xruby.com

feiyu

Mar 19, 2008, 11:20:39 PM3/19/08
to xruby-devel
I agree

On 3月19日, 下午10时59分, "femto gary" <femto...@gmail.com> wrote:
> agreed.

sishen

Mar 20, 2008, 4:26:46 AM3/20/08
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
+1

Michael Chen

Mar 20, 2008, 5:52:10 AM3/20/08
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
GPL is more friendly for a product, which means more like *use(not
part of the delivery)* other than *integrate with(part of the
delivery)*

As XRuby more likely to be a library to be integrated with, I agree
that using BSD or Apache style license. Or LGPL is also OK.

--
Michael Chen
--------------------------------

dreamhead