Integrate Java

feiyu

Jun 19, 2007, 11:23:04 AM6/19/07
to xruby-devel
Hi all!
Currently I am hacking javasupport package to integrate Java.It
provide some ways to make use of Java libraries available.Concrete
features supplied are listed out.You can visit this wiki page,
http://code.google.com/p/xruby/wiki/JavaIntegration

Hope get more feedbacks to improment Java Integration.

femto gary

Jun 19, 2007, 12:17:09 PM6/19/07
to xruby...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! I'm looking forward to trying it out in the following days:).

besides, has anybody has considered c support yet?
I have some thoughts:
because anyway ruby runs on c ruby, so actually it sets
the state/global variable etc in c ruby, so that doesn't matter.
But if XRuby need to incorporate c's api, it is just like the thread
in infoq's dicussion, for JRuby to incorporate XRuby to use XRuby to
compile part of ruby file, because all of us maintain state/global variables
ourselves, that cause a problem with sync with host environment.
So my ideas is:
either we just invoke c's api there, treat it like some service
call,(stateless
service call), and then ignore the minor incompatiblity it causes, (anyway,
we don't care how some $&,&`,&' are set when we do regex matching, or some
process exit status when we call out process).
Or , since the c's api calls out to ruby's library, like
rb_fun_call, rb_fun_call2 etc,
we can replace the static library or dynamic library c ruby provides,
and use our
implementation instead, and in that implementation , we can sync with
host environment(in this case: XRuby's environment).
Just some thoughts.

--
Best Regards
XRuby http://xruby.com