xrdp demo app update

Charlie Reverte SK

Jun 25, 2010, 6:01:20 PM6/25/10
to xrd-prov...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone,

I posted a new rev of my xrdp demo app to http://xrdpdemo.appspot.com/. New in this version:

* xml:ids
* GET method with query interface
* batch DELETE with query params
* support for posting new links from html forms (with x-www-form-urlencoded Content-Type)

The source is available on github: http://github.com/numbakrrunch/xrdpdemo

At IIW we talked about referencing links by xml:id OR by rel, type, href/template tuples, I've found them both to be pretty useful. The xml:ids are convenient for user-console type management tasks (deleting, updating specific links) so you don't have to worry about ambiguity. The tuples are also useful for querying and batch operations (when you specify fewer than three parameters). It was simple to implement support for both. I'm using appengine DB keys for my xml:id, it was pretty convenient.

I suspect that the oauth browser flows are going to break the form posting but it's an interesting use case so I wanted to play with it. Going to be building auth support next.

Hit me up if you have any questions.

Charlie
@numbakrrunch

P.S. My google account (numbakrrunch@gmail) is fried, I get stuck in an infinite redirect loop when I log in and try to go to google groups (had to post this via email). I have google apps for my domain too, maybe there's some bad interaction between the two auth systems. I get the same problem trying to access the google help forum so I can't submit a help request. Any ideas?

Dobes Vandermeer

Jun 25, 2010, 6:03:57 PM6/25/10
to xrd-prov...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 3:01 PM, Charlie Reverte SK
<cha...@clearspring.com> wrote:
> P.S. My google account (numbakrrunch@gmail) is fried, I get stuck in an infinite redirect loop when I log in and try to go to google groups (had to post this via email).  I have google apps for my domain too, maybe there's some bad interaction between the two auth systems.  I get the same problem trying to access the google help forum so I can't submit a help request.  Any ideas?

Trying another browser temporarily, or deleting all your cookies (or
just the ones from google.com) might get you out of the loop...

Cheers,

Dobes