瀏覽次數:17 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Kevin Rutherford

未讀,
2022年7月19日 中午12:31:182022/7/19
收件者:xp-man...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Sorry, forgot to post here last week!

Last Thursday's XPman lean coffee was another hugely enjoyable event, attended by 15 people this time.

The topics discussed ranged from “Never write a line of production code without a failing test” to “Is it inevitable that agile adoption will eventually be subverted into anti-agile?” and plenty in between. The folks in the room had a wide range of experience, and so each topic elicited good thought-provoking discussion.

Many thanks to old hands and first timers alike — great to have you here!

Did any of you "newcomers" feel that us old hands were moving too quickly? If so, apologies -- it can be easy to think that we're all XP eXPerts and forget that many are here to learn. If you're one of the eXPerts, maybe you could reply to this thread with links that might help newcomers catch up a bit? Or if you're a newcomer, maybe reply here with the things you felt we rushed past and could benefit from some slower-paced discussion?

And maybe in future we could consider running a single-topic month, with a deep dive into TDD, or XP basics, or XP history, or ... you get the idea.

Next meeting: Thursday August 11th; doors open 0730 (UK time) for a 0745 start; joining details same as this time. Hope to see you there.

Finally, if you know someone who you think of as an XPman regular, but which isn't on this mailing list, would you please encourage them to join?

Cheers,
Kevin
--

Kevin Rutherford
Developing exceptional software teams

+44 07973 563521 | ke...@rutherford-software.com

kevinrutherford.info | habitablecode.substack.com

Jim Jeffries

未讀,
2022年7月21日 清晨6:46:342022/7/21
收件者:xp-manchester
I really like the idea of a single topic month. Any of the suggestions for a single topic sound like they would generate some interesting discussion.

Kevin Rutherford

未讀,
2022年7月21日 清晨6:53:502022/7/21
收件者:xp-man...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jim -- anyone have any other ideas for single-topic months?
Maybe when we have a few ideas we'll run a poll...

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息