LambdaLounge: Real World FP: Clojure and Kafka at the BBC with Dan Meyers

Hakim C

Apr 9, 2018, 3:45:39 PM4/9/18
to lambda-loung...@googlegroups.com, xp-man...@googlegroups.com, nwrug-...@googlegroups.com, northwestengland.pm, python-n...@googlegroups.com
It's time for another LambdaLounge session!  This time we have a talk on Real World uses of Functional Programming.

We have one fantastic speaker lined up already, but do shout if you'd like to give another short talk on FP in your own work!

 When: Monday 16th April @ 7pm (doors open slightly earlier, we aim to start by 7:05pm)

 Who: Dan Meyers (@carr0t) from the BBC

More information and blurb on the eventbrite page.  Should be a great session, hope to see you there!

Hakim

Hakim C

May 7, 2018, 5:38:27 AM5/7/18
to lambda-loung...@googlegroups.com, xp-man...@googlegroups.com, nwrug-...@googlegroups.com, northwestengland.pm, python-n...@googlegroups.com
It's time for another LambdaLounge session!

NB: MadLab has MOVED to Plant Noma.  See link below!

This time we have a talk on audio synthesis using F#.
We haven't had an F# talk at LambdaLounge since 2016, so will be exciting to learn how the DotNet functional language has progressed!
We're pleased to welcome our friends at the Manchester F# Meetup https://www.meetup.com/Manchester-F-User-Group/

 When: Monday 21st May @ 7pm (doors open slightly earlier, we aim to start by 7:05pm)

 Who: John Stovin (@johnstovin) who is driving over the Pennines to deliver the workshop!

Clare Sudbery

May 9, 2018, 7:57:54 AM5/9/18
to xp-man...@googlegroups.com, lambda-loung...@googlegroups.com, northwestengland.pm, nwrug-...@googlegroups.com, python-n...@googlegroups.com
I've been trying to work out where MadLab's new location is? I've been up and down Dantzic St and there are a couple of buildings labelled NOMA but neither of them is called Plant NOMA. One looks derelict and the other is still a building site... in the same building as Federation House. Is it the latter?

Clare Sudbery

May 9, 2018, 8:08:55 AM5/9/18
to xp-man...@googlegroups.com, lambda-loung...@googlegroups.com, northwestengland.pm, nwrug-...@googlegroups.com, python-n...@googlegroups.com
Ah, found it. Turns out the entrance is on Mayes St, just off Dantzic St. The building backs onto Sadlers Yard, where the Pilcrow is.