wrote a quickstart guide for xonsh

Aaron Christianson

Oct 4, 2018, 5:39:59 PM10/4/18
to xonsh
Dear xonsh,

I love you, xonsh. I love you so much that I'm working on a quickstart guide for new users. It's here:

I thought I'd give you a chance to look it over first and offer feedback, before I post it on Reddit and wherever.

I still need to write the configuration section, but it's more or less the way I want it to be at this point. The idea is to become productive quickly, rather than provide complete explanations. Still, I may have left out some important details. Let me know what you think.

Best,
Aaron

Anthony Scopatz

Oct 8, 2018, 3:21:40 PM10/8/18
to Aaron Christianson, xonsh
Thanks for putting this together Aaron!

This looks awesome! Feel free to put in a PR to the xonsh docs and README linking to this too!  I'll open issues on that PR if I see any.

Be Well
Anthony

Asst. Prof. Anthony Scopatz
Nuclear Engineering Program
Mechanical Engineering Dept.
University of South Carolina
sco...@cec.sc.edu
Cell: (512) 827-8239
Book a meeting with me at https://scopatz.youcanbook.me/
Open up an issue: https://github.com/scopatz/me/issues
Check my calendar

Aaron Christianson

Oct 8, 2018, 5:39:40 PM10/8/18
to sco...@gmail.com, xo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I'll do that after I draft the section on configuration.