Request - a "xonsh library" for interfacing with pure python

41 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Mike Battaglia

ungelesen,
17.07.2018, 02:37:2517.07.18
an xonsh
Hello all, a very quick request -- really digging xonsh as my main shell and don't think I can go back.

What would be more helpful than anything if there were some "xonsh library" I could drop into my python scripts that would enable me to use $() and !(). I'm thinking of taking something like this:

#!/usr/bin/env xonsh
#myscript.xsh

dir1
= "~/mydir1"
dir2
= "~/mydir2"
dirlisting1
= $(ls @(dir1) -p | grep "/" -v).strip("\n").split("\n")
dirlisting2 = $(ls @(dir2) -p | grep "/" -v).strip("\n").split("\n")
parsed
= [x for x in dirlisting1 if x not in dirlisting2]

fileexists
=
bool(!(test -e myfile).returncode == 0)

and turning it into something like this:

#!/usr/bin/env python3
#myscript.py

from xonsh import sh, shmore

dir1
= "~/mydir1"
dir2
= "~/mydir2"
dirlisting1
= sh('ls '+dir1+' -p | grep "/" -v').strip("\n").split("\n")
dirlisting2 = sh('ls '+dir2+' -p | grep "/" -v').strip("\n").split("\n")
parsed
= [x for x in dirlisting1 if x not in dirlisting2]

fileexists = bool(shmore("test -e myfile").returncode == 0)

This would be fabulous! It would be quick to regex convert things this way.

FWIW, I haven't found any Python library nearly as useful as xonsh. In comparison, using things like Plumbum are just no fun at all.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten