Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts for xonsh?

Nick Demou

Jan 5, 2018, 4:41:37 AM1/5/18
to xonsh
I'm particularly looking for shortcuts that could help me work more effectively with multi-line commands.
e.g.
a) is there a shorcut that will move immediately to the previous command? (UP-Arrow has to traverse multi-line commands line by line)
b) is there a way to cut & paste lines _within_ a multi-line command?

Nick

Gil Forsyth

Jan 7, 2018, 10:48:10 AM1/7/18
to Nick Demou, xonsh
Hi Nick,

I don't think we do have an exhaustive listing of various shortcuts -- by and large, they should follow either Emacs standards or Vi standards, depending on which terminal mode you use.
re: a) We do not have a shortcut for that, but I don't think it would be too hard to implement if you want to open up an issue requesting it github repo.
b) That's a trickier beast and within the purview of prompt_toolkit -- it may be that that functionality is part of the upcoming 2.0 release, but I'm not sure.  When I want to do something like that, i hit Ctrl-x Ctrl-e to drop the current command into a text editor.

I hope that helps some.

-Gil

Morten Enemark Lund

Jan 7, 2018, 11:22:23 AM1/7/18
to Gil Forsyth, Nick Demou, xonsh

Hi Nick

You can move backward in commands using page-up instead of arrow-up. That should do what you are asking for.

Regards
Morten

On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 4:41 AM, Nick Demou <nde...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm particularly looking for shortcuts that could help me work more effectively with multi-line commands.
e.g.
a) is there a shorcut that will move immediately to the previous command? (UP-Arrow has to traverse multi-line commands line by line)
b) is there a way to cut & paste lines _within_ a multi-line command?

Nick

Nick Demou

Jan 12, 2018, 7:31:55 AM1/12/18
to xonsh
Thanks Morten and Gil -- I knew it would be easy (to be honest page-up was so easy I fill embarrassed I haven't tried it).