Allow adding another media directory when already scanning one

Tal Hadad

Sep 23, 2013, 5:44:57 AM9/23/13
to Xnoise mailing-list
Hey all!

I've updated my Xnoise from 0.2.17 to 0.2.19.
First problem is that it didn't recognize my Xnoise 0.2.17 personal database, which is a bug, or done intentionally.
Note: This isn't the first time it happen to me. Some Xnoise upgrades made this in the past.

But the main subject is this - When I added new media dir, it doesn't allow me to add another until scanning this directory is completed.
I just thought it would be niceif the user can queued directory and wait them to finish.

Another question that comes up is this:
In the first execution, should the user wait for entire media directory to complete, and them press "Finish" to be able the play his music?

My suggestion to Xnoise first execution is this:
1. Show the welcome screen.
2. Ask the user to add directories to Xnoise. In addition, give him an escape button to start Xnoise without adding media directories.
3. After the user have added a directory perform this:
    a. Scan media dir. (async/non-blocking, like the present)
    b. Switch the "escape" button(see above) with finish button.
    c. Allow the user to add another media dir with the same button.

In addition, in my opinion, the same design should go also for options->media dialog.

Hope to hear your opinion.
Tal

shuerhaaken

Oct 8, 2013, 3:20:06 AM10/8/13