Updated/Fixed package_chef.sh

Tal Hadad

Sep 23, 2013, 11:51:17 AM9/23/13
to Xnoise mailing-list
I have updated the package_chef.sh script which automate the Debian and Debian based(e.g. ubuntu) packaging.
The patch is attached.

This fix a bug that create a bad *.orig.tar.bz2 file.
The patch fix problems with version like:
0.2.19-1 (Debian)
0.2.19-1ppa1~saucy (Ubuntu/Saucy)

It might also fix Ubuntu(PPA) packaging.

Please merge this git patch.

Tell me if this fix PPA building!

Tal
Update-fix-package_chef.sh-script.patch

shuerhaaken

Oct 1, 2013, 3:40:56 AM10/1/13
to xno...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the update!
The PPA test is a little difficult, because I can only do it once per
version - so if 0.2.20 fails I have to make a new release or at least
change the changelog files (set from 0.2.20-1 to 0.2.20-2 ...) and
modify the script (to not upload the source) for another try and then I
have to wait for the build for a few hours.

In the past, problem with the script was that it unpacked the content
and then repacked a source package. This is not allowed with the ubuntu
ppa. There was some hashing issue or something.
Anyway, I didn't test the current version of the script because I lack
time.
I think the script is very convenient for people building a package for
lokal installation.
all the Best,
Jörn