New XNAT-OHIF viewer plugin release candidate 3.7.0-RC-1

Mo Al Sa'd

Jun 12, 2024, 4:03:57 PMJun 12
to xnat_discussion
We are pleased to announce that viewing the DICOM WSI images will shortly be available in the next release of the XNAT-OHIF viewer (v3.7.0). Attached is a video demonstration.

The release is now in the Release Candidate phase (download link), which means that it is intended for testing only and is not recommended for production use yet.

We would like to enlist more community support in testing this new feature, and we encourage you to try this RC release on your own test server and provide feedback here.

Here's a cumulative list of what has changed since the most recent production release (v3.6.2):

3.7.0-RC-1
  • Partial support for images with multiple focal planes.
    •  If provided, the extended-depth-of-field (focus stacking) images are displayed.
    • Otherwise, the viewer will try to display the first focal plane.
  • Slide information panel providing the following features:
    • View the slide label image (when available).
    • Switching the visibility between provided channels (optical paths).
3.7.0-BETA-1
  • Added DICOMweb data handlers to the XNAT session events. DICOMweb data is automatically created for new sessions and also removed upon deleting a session.
  • DICOMweb data generation at subject, project, and all site levels.
  • Refactored the XNAT UI scripts with the JavaScript Promise API and included support for the DICOMweb-based sessions.
  • Provide detailed error messages from the microscopy viewer.
3.7.0-ALPHA-1
  • Implemented a customised support for the DICOMweb QIDO and WADO services.
  • Integrated dicom-microscopy-viewer v0.45.1.
Kind regards,
Mo Alsad

XNAT-OHIF-Viewer-3.7.0-RC.1.mp4

DrRadiohead

Jun 12, 2024, 4:55:58 PMJun 12
to xnat_discussion
Dear Mo,
Just saw your folder on the bitbucket, your post clarifies what you are doing. This looks good. Thank you.
Microscopy zooming capability looks great, we will try it out.

One request,
Is it possible to have the option of adding a report on the images (which can be stored as txt or other text format on XNAT? We often face problems when researchers need to toggle between the hospital RIS system and the OHIF XNAT to know the extent of the disease (e.g. metastatic foci etc)).

Warm Regards
Akshaykumar

Simon Doran

Jun 12, 2024, 5:26:32 PMJun 12
to xnat_discussion
One further thing to add to Mo's post is that we haven't yet provided a complete pipeline for transforming images from vendor native formats (e.g., .ndpi, .svs) into DICOM and then sending them to XNAT. Several common open source libraries are available for conversion into DICOM and one tool that works for sending the microscopy DICOM data to XNAT is DicomBrowser. You can also find plenty of example datasets at https://portal.imaging.datacommons.cancer.gov/explore/.

Future releases aim to add full ROI capabilities to the plugin.

Please do let us know any feedback (good or bad!) and help us to further improve the capabilities.

Best wishes,
Simon

Akshaykumar Kamble

Jun 13, 2024, 12:45:25 AMJun 13
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Dear Simon,
Good point.
Is it possible to update the uploader client to include that functionality in future to make xnat uploader one stop solution?

Regards
Akshaykumar