XNAT DICOM Query-retrieve error

elijah....@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2022, 3:03:04 PM1/9/22
to xnat_discussion
We just went live and tried to connect to our production PACS, expecting it to work. We were told the server is whitelisted by the production PACS (IP/AE Title etc) config

I can search for images on the production PACS and return results, but when I try to import the images, they queue for a moment, and then the import fails with no explanation. An e-mail is sent to the user saying "requested images have been imported", but DQR History shows they failed.

"tail"ing the dqr.log, I found this, but it's not clear to me where the issue lies

2022-01-09 13:37:19,524 [ajp-nio-0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1-8009-exec-1] INFO  org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.rest.DicomQueryRetrieveApi - User tmhedr3 requested the system DQR settings.
2022-01-09 13:53:32,321 [Thread-305] ERROR org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.events.PacsDequeueThread - Error executing PACS import request.
org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cmove.CMoveFailureException:
(0000,0100) US #2 [32801] Command Field
(0000,0120) US #2 [2] Message ID Being Responded To
(0000,0800) US #2 [257] Command Data Set Type
(0000,0900) US #2 [272] Status
(0000,0902) LO #100 [Move Service OnRequestReceived failed due to an unexpected in...] Error Comment

        at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cmove.dcm4che.tool.DqrCMoveDcmQR.move(DqrCMoveDcmQR.java:49)
        at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cfind.dcm4che.tool.CFindSCUSpecificLevel.performCMoveOnResults(CFindSCUSpecificLevel.java:200)
        at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cfind.dcm4che.tool.CFindSCUSpecificLevel.cfind(CFindSCUSpecificLevel.java:96)
        at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cmove.dcm4che.tool.CMoveSCUSeriesLevel.cmove(CMoveSCUSeriesLevel.java:28)
        at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cmove.dcm4che.tool.Dcm4cheToolCMoveSCU.cmoveSeries(Dcm4cheToolCMoveSCU.java:39)
        at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.services.impl.basic.BasicDicomQueryRetrieveService.importFromPacsRequest(BasicDicomQueryRetrieveService.java:269)
        at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.events.PacsDequeueThread.runTask(PacsDequeueThread.java:144)
        at org.nrg.xnat.task.AbstractXnatRunnable.run(AbstractXnatRunnable.java:33)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
2022-01-09 13:53:32,574 [Thread-305] WARN  org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.events.PacsThreads - Tried to decrement thread count for PACS 4 but that's not in the thread table
2022-01-09 13:54:54,973 [ajp-nio-0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1-8009-exec-9] INFO  org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.rest.DicomQueryRetrieveApi - User tmhedr3 requested the system DQR settings.

elijah....@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 12:17:04 PM1/10/22
to xnat_discussion
It seems that someone on the production PACS side made a configuration change related to our IP/AE Title, and it's working as expected now.

Sebastian Spänig

Mar 22, 2022, 10:54:00 AM3/22/22
to xnat_discussion
I have a similar error. Is there a way to get a more detailed log?

elijah....@gmail.com

Mar 24, 2022, 12:25:38 PM3/24/22
to xnat_discussion
Hi Sebastian, because the issue was a configuration error on the PACS side, there is no relevant messaging on the XNAT side, as far as I could tell.

Herrick, Rick

Mar 24, 2022, 1:36:27 PM3/24/22
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

Yeah, I tried to extract more information from failures on interactions with PACS but unfortunately in many cases there’s just not much that gets sent back to XNAT, even when the request actually makes it all the way to the PACS and back.

--

Rick Herrick

XNAT Architect/Developer

Computational Imaging Laboratory

From: xnat_di...@googlegroups.com <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of elijah....@gmail.com <elijah....@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, March 24, 2022 at 11:25 AM
To: xnat_discussion <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [XNAT Discussion] Re: XNAT DICOM Query-retrieve error

* External Email - Caution *

Sebastian Spänig

Mar 31, 2022, 6:44:05 AM3/31/22
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

thanks for your replies. How did you managed to get the DEBUG level in the dqr output such as in https://groups.google.com/g/xnat_discussion/c/zYe88W7RqA8/m/sX7jkZDCBQAJ (file dqr.log)? As I have no access to the PACS, every kind of information would be helpful.

Actually, I have the same issue as in the referenced post. I can query the PACS, however, import fails. According to dqr.log teh following error is thrown:

2022-03-31 09:48:13,696 [Thread-68] ERROR org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.events.PacsDequeueThread - Error executing PACS import request.

org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cmove.CMoveFailureException:
(0000,0100) US #2 [32801] Command Field
(0000,0120) US #2 [2] Message ID Being Responded To
(0000,0800) US #2 [257] Command Data Set Type
(0000,0900) US #2 [42754] Status
(0000,0902) LO #64 [java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused (Connection refuse] Error Comment

at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cmove.dcm4che.tool.DqrCMoveDcmQR.move(DqrCMoveDcmQR.java:49)
at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cfind.dcm4che.tool.CFindSCUSpecificLevel.performCMoveOnResults(CFindSCUSpecificLevel.java:200)
at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cfind.dcm4che.tool.CFindSCUSpecificLevel.cfind(CFindSCUSpecificLevel.java:96)
at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cmove.dcm4che.tool.CMoveSCUSeriesLevel.cmove(CMoveSCUSeriesLevel.java:28)
at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.dicom.command.cmove.dcm4che.tool.Dcm4cheToolCMoveSCU.cmoveSeries(Dcm4cheToolCMoveSCU.java:39)
at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.services.impl.basic.BasicDicomQueryRetrieveService.importFromPacsRequest(BasicDicomQueryRetrieveService.java:269)
at org.nrg.xnatx.dqr.events.PacsDequeueThread.runTask(PacsDequeueThread.java:144)
at org.nrg.xnat.task.AbstractXnatRunnable.run(AbstractXnatRunnable.java:33)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

I am using the xnat-docker-compose bundle.

Kind regards,

Sebastian

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "xnat_discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/xnat_discussion/SN6PR02MB51187C2ED10966722DB41A58BD199%40SN6PR02MB5118.namprd02.prod.outlook.com.

elijah....@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2022, 12:29:40 PM3/31/22
to xnat_discussion
If you're talking about that screenshot, that was just looking at the developer tools in Google Chrome to see if there was any issues with the XNAT website.

I would guess that based on your error, your PACS team has not authorized your XNAT host to access it.

elijah....@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2022, 12:31:05 PM3/31/22
to xnat_discussion
Oh sorry, yeah the DEBUG level info in the log ... I think that should be generated automatically, I don't recall doing anything special for that

Sebastian Spänig

Apr 1, 2022, 2:24:00 AM4/1/22
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Thank you! Did you also use the docker-compose bundle?

Regarding the PACS connection. I can query the it and import data from the XNAT host machine using command line tools, e.g., dcmqr (which is used by the DQR-plugin internally). However, through XNAT GUI I can only query the PACS, but the import fails for some reason. Would have been helpful to get more details from XNAT to isolate the reason.

Best,

Sebastian

Richard Cole

Apr 1, 2022, 11:41:36 AM4/1/22
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if obvious, but does the user you are using in XNAT GUI have DQR Rights?  Just a heads up, I have forgotten to check the box in user management and it will act as you described..

Sebastian Spänig

Apr 21, 2022, 4:02:41 AM4/21/22
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Meanwhile, I was able to solve issue. The assigned port (11112), which listens for incoming images, was not forwarded to the outside of the container. The solution was to add 11112:11112 to the ports section of xnat-web in the docker-compose file. Afterwards, XNAT successfully imported the requested images.