Batch Plugin: Processing Dashboard dropdown disappears immediately after hover

Daniel Drucker

Sep 24, 2021, 9:02:24 AM9/24/21
to xnat_discussion
I'm trying to use the Batch Plugin, but the Processing Dashboard dropdown disappears immediately after I hover it about 80% of the time:

I see this on MacOS in the latest Chrome and Safari as well as in Firefox.
I see this on Windows on Edge as well.

Daniel Drucker

Herrick, Rick

Sep 24, 2021, 10:25:20 AM9/24/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

Do you see anything in the browser dev tools console when that happens?

Also, what versions of XNAT and BLP are you running?

--

Rick Herrick

XNAT Architect/Developer

Computational Imaging Laboratory

From: xnat_di...@googlegroups.com <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Daniel Drucker <ddru...@mclean.harvard.edu>
Date: Friday, September 24, 2021 at 8:02 AM
To: xnat_discussion <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [XNAT Discussion] Batch Plugin: Processing Dashboard dropdown disappears immediately after hover

* External Email - Caution *

Moore, Charlie

Sep 24, 2021, 10:27:53 AM9/24/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

I've reported this in our JIRA. Unfortunately the project for the batch launch plugin isn't public, so it won't help to link it here. As a workaround, the dropdown works fine for me if you scroll to it from above​. I can recreate the issue you're seeing only when scrolling to the item from below, which I notice you were also doing in your video.

Thanks,
Charlie

Sep 24, 2021, 10:33:20 AM9/24/21
to xnat_discussion
Hi Rick,

XNAT 1.8.3
Batch 0.4.0

Nothing in the dev console. I think this is not an "error" but rather the js/css for the hover is simply incorrect.

Moore, Charlie

Sep 27, 2021, 11:28:49 AM9/27/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Daniel,

You're correct. This should be fixed in the upcoming 0.5.0 release of the batch launch plugin (to come out alongside Container Service 3.1). Thanks for the spot,

-Charlie

Sent: Friday, September 24, 2021 9:33 AM
To: xnat_discussion <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com>

Daniel Drucker

Nov 1, 2021, 9:06:45 AM11/1/21
to xnat_discussion
My reminder to look at this again just fired, so I went to the XNAT home page, which linked to:

but that page seems to be empty:

Screen Shot 2021-11-01 at 9.06.23 AM.png

Moore, Charlie

Nov 1, 2021, 12:56:08 PM11/1/21
to xnat_discussion
Hi Daniel,

This page seems fine on the native confluence view of the wiki, but there's some sort of issue with it on the public-facing version. Hopefully we can get it fixed, but in the meantime I've attached a PDF export of that page.

Thanks,
Charlie

Sent: Monday, November 1, 2021 8:06 AM
WaterCooler-ContainerService3.1andBatchLaunchPluginUpdates-011121-1651-12.pdf

Moore, Charlie

Nov 1, 2021, 4:10:20 PM11/1/21
to xnat_discussion
This should be fixed now.