New XNAT4Tests Release!

tom.g...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2022, 7:06:17 PM11/11/22
to xnat_discussion
Hi all,

Nice to meet/reconnect with many of you at the workshop last week!

In light of some interest in my xnat4tests package at the workshop, I have cleaned a few things up and made a new release, v0.3.1. The release includes refactoring the CLI, altering how you configure the XNAT instance you are launching, and the ability to insert some dummy data to play around with.

If you have Python >3.7 and Docker installed you should be able to start up a test XNAT instance on your local computer in just two lines

$ pip3 install xnat4tests
$ xnat4tests start

If you would like to include some sample data in your test instance (with full DICOM headers but junk image data), you can now use the `add-data` subcommand

$ xnat4tests add-data 'dummydicom'

or add the '--with-data' flag to start

$ xnat4tests start --with-data 'dummydicom'

(currently there is only one sample session 'dummydicom' to upload, but this could be expanded in future)

Let me know if you have any issues.

Cheers,

Tom