Xnat memory leak on file upload

Joost van Griethuysen

Mar 18, 2023, 6:39:58 AM3/18/23
to xnat_discussion
Dear developers,

For some time now, I'm noticing what appears to be a memory leak upon file upload.
I'm uploading files directly to the project using the REST API, which results in markedly increased RAM usage, which does not decrease after upload.

It appears to occur both when uploading files directly or when uploading files in a zip archive.

I've tried to upgrade to the latest XNAT release (1.8.7), but the error persists.
I've also found this conversation, and tried to apply the fix listed here, but to no avail.

Do you have any suggestions for how I can best proceed to narrow down on the cause of the memory leak?

Kind regards,

Joost