OpenID plugin for 1.8.x

Alex

Jun 30, 2021, 1:33:58 AM6/30/21
to xnat_discussion
Hi,

Could someone tell me if there will be an updated OpenID plugin for XNAT 1.8.x? I see from the documentation that there is a version for XNAT 1.7.x, but no mention of 1.8 version.

Thank you,
Alex

Herrick, Rick

Jun 30, 2021, 12:26:49 PM6/30/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

Yes. There’s some work being done on it at the moment, but I can’t give you a timeline right now.

--

Rick Herrick

Sr. Programmer/Analyst

Neuroinformatics Research Group

Phone: +1 (314) 273-1645

From: xnat_di...@googlegroups.com <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Alex <ski...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 30, 2021 at 12:34 AM
To: xnat_discussion <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [XNAT Discussion] OpenID plugin for 1.8.x

* External Email - Caution *

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Marcel Koek

Jul 1, 2021, 3:48:32 AM7/1/21
to xnat_discussion
I can confirm that the current master of the github repo (https://github.com/NrgXnat/xnat-openid-auth-plugin) works for 1.8.2. You only have to build it yourself (which is not very hard).
Google Groups is not allowing me to attach the plugin, so let me know if you are not able to build it.

//Marcel

Herrick, Rick

Jul 1, 2021, 10:51:54 AM7/1/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

Actually you can now download the plugin from our Maven repository:

https://nrgxnat.jfrog.io/artifactory/libs-snapshot/au/edu/qcif/xnat/openid/openid-auth-plugin/1.1.1-SNAPSHOT/openid-auth-plugin-1.1.1-SNAPSHOT-xpl.jar

Yes, it’s a terrible URL. I spent a little time yesterday getting the CI build for the plugin squared away, including deploying to the Maven repository. Normally we push built artifacts like this to the downloads page on the bitbucket repo, but this was originally stored on github and we just haven’t moved it and github doesn’t have a downloads page, so I have to figure out where to put it. In the meantime, the URL above will get you the latest version of the plugin until we actually release 1.1.1, at which point we’ll have a better download link.

--

Rick Herrick

XNAT Architect/Developer

Computational Imaging Laboratory

From: xnat_di...@googlegroups.com <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Marcel Koek <koek....@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, July 1, 2021 at 2:48 AM
To: xnat_discussion <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: [XNAT Discussion] OpenID plugin for 1.8.x

* External Email - Caution *

I can confirm that the current master of the github repo (https://github.com/NrgXnat/xnat-openid-auth-plugin) works for 1.8.2. You only have to build it yourself (which is not very hard).

Google Groups is not allowing me to attach the plugin, so let me know if you are not able to build it.

//Marcel

Alex

Jul 1, 2021, 3:29:48 PM7/1/21
to xnat_discussion
Hi Marcel,

I was able to build from the master branch. Thanks a lot for the suggestion.

Alex

Alex

Jul 1, 2021, 3:30:21 PM7/1/21
to xnat_discussion
Thank you, Rick. Testing the plugin now.

Alex

Marcel Koek

Jul 2, 2021, 3:44:13 AM7/2/21
to xnat_discussion
There is a "releases" feature on GitHub where you could attach artifacts/binaries/etc. to a release tag or version: https://docs.github.com/en/github/administering-a-repository/releasing-projects-on-github/managing-releases-in-a-repository
You could easily push the jar from CI to GitHub as a release.

I see a travis.yml in the repo, but I have the feeling that you have some other CI running
If you wish I could help out with the getting the travis CI to push the jar to a "release" in the repo?

//Marcel

Alex Kogan

Oct 20, 2021, 3:13:11 PM10/20/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marcel,

I tried to configure the latest OpenID Plugin on XNAT 1.8.3 and encountered a few issues outlined in this post:

I don't know if you are the right person to contact about this, so if not - could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Alex

Ajay Kurani

Nov 16, 2021, 2:17:45 PM11/16/21
to xnat_discussion
To whom it may concern:
   I wanted to follow up with this topic as we are still having issues configuring the plugin.  Below are some of the information we provided our IT:

XNAT - OAUTH(OIDC)

1) Request URL - This should probably say redirect URL/URI - the callback endpoint in your application for the OAUTH2/OpenID Connect flow.

For this configuration we had entered the main URL as the redirect URL (e.g. if the main site is xnat.northwestern.edu then the redirect was also xnat.northwestern.edu).  Could this be causing the issues Alex described in that the redirect may not login to the system....is there a different redirect ending we should be using for this plugin?

2) Claims

The standard ones are profile, openid, email. If you need additional data released about the user let us know.

Is there any other items needed?

3) Also is there an updated or validated version of the plugin that works with XNAT 1.8.3?  If so can you reply with the exact link.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Ajay