OHIF Volume Viewer 3.6.3: Error on Viewing Enhanced DICOM Images

Ford McDonald

Mar 25, 2024, 1:12:50 PMMar 25
to xnat_discussion

I'm reaching out to share an issue I've encountered with the latest OHIF Volume Viewer (v3.6.3) plugin. This update was aimed at enhancing the viewing capabilities for enhanced DICOM images, which are presented in a multi-frame format.

When viewing the enhanced DICOM images using this updated plugin, the OHIF Viewer displays the following error message: "Something went wrong. Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'getImageId')."

I'm curious to know if anyone else in the community has faced a similar issue. Additionally, I would like to see whether there is a possibility of releasing a new version of the plugin that might incorporate a more recent release of the OHIF Viewer, potentially one that has addressed this specific issue. For context, prior versions of the OHIF Viewer plugin, <v3.5.3 for instance, display the individual frames for every DICOM, which is one of the issues 3.6.3 was released in order to address. I appreciate the help! Let me know if I can provide any further information to help clarify the issue. Best, Ford McDonald

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 1.45.33 PM.png

Simon Doran

Mar 25, 2024, 8:14:12 PMMar 25
to xnat_discussion
Hi Ford,

  Thanks for raising this issue. Please can I check your version number. The latest version we have released for the XNAT-OHIF plugin is 3.6.1.

  Are you able to share an anonymised dataset that causes the viewer to behave like this? We have already had to implement several refinements of the rules for determining the structure of data with more than three dimensions stored as Enhanced DICOM, as we see more different examples "in the wild". We have fixed several issues and this may be one that we have already sorted out as part of a forthcoming patch release that should be out soon.

  Best wishes,

Simon

Mo Al Sa'd

Apr 15, 2024, 4:52:02 PMApr 15
to xnat_discussion
Hi Ford,

The issue may be related to the thumbnail image display. Please upgrade to v3.6.2 of the viewer and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Mo
Message has been deleted

Ford McDonald