Cannot see Plugins Settings after installing container service

Andrea Dell'Orco

Oct 31, 2022, 7:19:42 AM10/31/22
to xnat_discussion
XNAT version = 1.8.6 Build 16
XNAT installation = Full Installation
OS = Ubuntu 20.04LTS (focal)
Container service version = 3.3.0 (self compiled from Bitbucket)

Hello everybody,

I have installed the container service from Bitbucket as described here: https://bitbucket.org/xnatdev/container-service/src/master/ (git clone / ./gradlew fatJar, .jar copied to ${xnat_home}/plugins) and restarted tomcat9, but I cannot see the Plugin Settings as described here: https://wiki.xnat.org/container-service/getting-started-122978856.html.

I am pretty new to XNAT. Does someone know what the problem can be? Or where I can search what causes the problem?

Thanks in Advance and best wishes,
Andrea

Rick Herrick

Oct 31, 2022, 12:15:21 PM10/31/22
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
The Plugin Settings menu option should appear if there are any Spawner namespaces that end with the string [:.]sitesettings. This should be getting added automatically once the container service plugin is loaded for the first time, but you can check with a simple REST call:

["containers:projectSettings","containers:siteSettings","dqr:projectSettings","dqr:siteSettings","filesystems_plugin:siteSettings","ohifPlugin:siteSettings","siteAdmin"]%

If you see any *:siteSettings entries in there then the Plugin Settings menu option should show up and the question is why it's not doing that. If you don't see any *:siteSettings entries, then the question is why those aren't getting created automatically.

Andrea Dell'Orco

Nov 21, 2022, 1:39:57 PM11/21/22
to xnat_discussion
Hello again,

and thank you, @Rick, for your answer.

I find the time to work again at this instance, and after that rest call you mean I get only:
["siteAdmin"]

I tried to reinitialize with /spawner/initialize without success.
Any Idea?

Thanks in Advance and best wishes,
Andrea

Kate Alpert

Nov 29, 2022, 10:42:50 PM11/29/22
to xnat_discussion
If you go to Administer > Site Administration > Installed Plugins, do you see the container service listed?