XNAT can receive from DicomBrowser but not scanner

robin....@gmail.com

Mar 13, 2023, 7:23:43 AM3/13/23
to xnat_discussion
Hello,

My setup does seem to function.

I can send data through DicomBrowser from a server on the network to xnat. I use:
host: ip-adress
port: 8104
AE title: XNAT_XXX

This works. I gave IT the same information and asked them to add a node on the scanner. They have done this before, for our other 2 XNATs and those work.

The scanner sais:
Remote node down or netowrk for sending not available.

Either it's a firewall issue on the scanner (IT will check), but if it's not it is on my side.
What could that be?
ufw is disabled and I added nothing to iptables.

Chidi Ugonna

Mar 13, 2023, 11:23:14 AM3/13/23
to xnat_discussion
Hi Robin,
This does sound like your XNAT setup is fine and the issue is coming from the firewall rules on the network or the way that the node has been setup on the scanner. On some Siemens scanners I believe when the connection node is setup, the “Secure” option is selected by default which I believe checks for TLS Certficates? Is it possible that this was inadvertently selected for your case? Also perhaps there have been updates to the firewall rules on the network which you mention is being looked at by IT. These are my initial thoughts.
Best of luck!

robin....@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2023, 7:58:09 AM3/14/23
to xnat_discussion
Thanks!

It was set to "Secure" and needed to be "Unsecure", so you were right :D