Custom DICOM Routing for Project

Michael Rohan

Jun 27, 2024, 7:15:59 PM (8 days ago) Jun 27
to xnat_discussion
Hello,
New user here, Michael Rohan at the Laureate Institute for Brain Research. I'm just installing ands starting with XNAT, want to establish a simple routing rule, and am having trouble seeing what went wrong.

1. The plan: I'd like all images whose (0008,0080) DICOM field "Institution Name" starts with "LAUREATE" get put in the LAUREATE project.
2. What I did: made a project named "LAUREATE INSTITUTE", running title "LIBR", Project ID "LAUREATE".
3. What I did: placed a rule in Project Routing (enable custom site wide project routing):
(0008,0080):(\w+)\s*INSTITUTION FOR BRAIN RESEARCH
4. Note that the DICOM field contains "LAUREATE INSTITUTE FOR BRAN RESEARCH" and I'm trying to grab just the first word.

So, I made a project and tried to grab a matching word from the DICOM header, but nothing happened - all the data is sitting in prearchive as unassigned. I'm not sure where to go to start in XNAT, for example where can I see what text was actually grabbed from DICOM for sorting?

Any other advice for a new user on this would be great; I'm not a RegExp users but will start doing research.

Thanks
Mike Rohan

Charlie Moore

Jun 28, 2024, 10:19:46 AM (8 days ago) Jun 28
to xnat_discussion
Hi Mike,

The only thing that jumps out at me are some possible typos. In particular, your regex has "INSTITUTION" versus "INSTITUTE" in step 4. There's also BRAN versus BRAIN. Does it work as you'd expect if you fix those?

Thanks,
Charlie Moore