Does XNAT drop views at startup?

Santiago Timón

Nov 17, 2021, 6:53:06 AM11/17/21
to xnat_discussion
Hi!

For a while now, I have noticed that we lose "manual" custom views we create on our database for many different purposes (we query the database almost day-to-day for many dataset exports and administrative tasks). Is this expected?

It wasn't bothering me that much until today XNAT wasn't able to create its own views. It seems like XNAT wasn't creating one specific "internal" view, get_all_image_sessions. This causes the get_accessible_image_sessions and get_experiment_list functions to fail, and the users get an ERROR 500: Failed to load experiment list after logging in.
Rebooting didn't solve the issue. But executing the statements from that init script does the trick (I had to search the view name in the repo).

Is there something wrong with our instance that we should investigate?

Thanks!
Santi