Enable OHIF viewer to visualize NIFTI files ?

Michael Dayan

Dec 14, 2022, 2:47:00 AM12/14/22
to xnat_discussion
Hi,

When attending the 2022 XNAT workshop i heard (can't remember from whom)  that the OHIF viewer could be used to visualize NIFTI files but that this behavior was not enabled by default, but something could be done to enable it.

Assuming I didn't hear voices, would someone know the procedure to enable OHIF for NIFTI ? All NIFTI files we have in XNAT should have the proper metadata to correctly render the images.

Many thanks,

Michael

Simon Doran

Dec 15, 2022, 7:24:17 AM12/15/22
to xnat_discussion
Hi Michael,

  I'm so sorry that this hasn't yet made it into one of our releases. For the generic reasons why this has taken so long for us, please see this post that I made last year in response to a similar query. I quite understand that the data for your group might have all the required metadata, but this is not universally the case and we are reticent about distributing a tool where data could be displayed incorrectly. A good outcome of this year's XNAT workshop was that I caught up with Marc Modat from Kings College London and we are hoping to do some joint work on this as soon as we can schedule some time.

  Best wishes,

Simon