Migrating 1.7.6 to 1.8.9.2

Mitchell Horn

Jun 4, 2024, 5:56:44 PMJun 4
to xnat_discussion
Hi Experts,

I'm in the process of trying to migrate our existing XNAT from RHEL7 VM to a RHEL9 VM. I have a new XNAT instance running on the RHEL9 VM, and now need to understand how I can go about migrating the data.

Is this possible? I see many centers just maintaining the old database as an archived system and using a new one for active transfers.

Thanks so much in advance,
Mitch

Mark Janse

Jun 6, 2024, 8:02:49 AMJun 6
to xnat_discussion
Hi Mitchell,

We are currently in a similar process, though we upgraded only to 1.8.6.2; We first upgraded XNAT on the old CentOS 7 VM. It's Dockerized for us so it mainly became updating the Docker image target.
We are migrating to Ubuntu LTS and in our acceptance tests we only seem to have to point to new VM to the old NFS shares containing the XNAT data, copy over the postgres database and update the DNS records. If you got the database at a separate server, you probably wouldn't even have to do that last step.

Regards,
Mark Janse
Health-RI