XNAT Pipeline Engine

Mohana Ramaratnam

Apr 21, 2024, 11:38:37 PMApr 21
to xnat_discussion
Hello,

If you are still using XNAT Pipeline Engine in your XNAT deployment, could you please respond with how you are using it.

Uses could be:

1. We use XNAT Pipeline Engine with custom pipelines which also have custom velocity pages

2. We use XNAT Pipeline Engine REST calls in our scripts

3. We use the XNAT Pipeline Engine AutoRun feature to trigger pipelines on archival

4. Other uses not covered in the above list (please mention the use)

Thanks for your response in advance!

Mohana

Martin Boswell

Apr 22, 2024, 2:10:24 PMApr 22
to xnat_discussion
Mohana,

We use the pipeline daily engine for our standard image processing workflows.  Users launch pipelines from the XNAT web interface, and we frequently use the REST calls to launch pipelines, esp. when processing new uploads with large session counts (or reprocessing many sessions).  We do not currently use the AutoRun feature, but rather poll the server daily for unprocessed sessions and control processing based on project-specific business logic.

The pipeline engine was one of our primary reasons for our initial xnat adoption.  I've been very concerned about the future of the pipeline engine since its deprecation.  Containerized pipelines are not an option for us with our current processing backend, and when the last version of the pipeline engine becomes incompatible the latest version of XNAT, it will likely require a great deal of work for us to implement a workaround.

I'm happy to talk about this in more detail.  Thanks for your interest.

- Martin

Ben Wagner

Apr 22, 2024, 2:17:11 PMApr 22
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohana,
  We use the Pipeline Engine for custom pipelines generally through AutoRun. However, there are many times where we still utilize manual running or kick off processing through REST calls.

Ben

Jordi Huguet

Apr 24, 2024, 1:52:48 PMApr 24
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mohana,

We do still use it. Use cases 2 and 3, autorun for some baseline pipelines and REST based for invoking QC validation pipelines as a final step once the main ones finish.

Jordi