XNAT support pathology

Naveena Gorre

Mar 16, 2021, 12:29:38 PM3/16/21
to xnat_discussion
Hello all,

I have a really quick question on XNAT support for pathology data/images. From the information available on the website XNAT is supporting DICOM data but there are no clues suggesting the usage of pathology images. Please let me know any updates on this interpretation.

Thanks in advance
Naveena

Daniel Marcus

Mar 17, 2021, 6:05:56 PM3/17/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
For the most part, pathology would be treated as any other imaging modality. As long as the patient information is the same as your other imaging modalities, it should link up pretty well under the same patient.  The viewer probably won't work very well, though I think our friends at ICR are busy working on solutions around that.

Is there something particular you're wanting to accomplish?  Have you tried uploading any of the path data yet?

Simon Doran

Mar 17, 2021, 7:43:08 PM3/17/21
to xnat_discussion
Hi Dan and Naveena,

  This recent thread is probably relevant here https://groups.google.com/g/xnat_discussion/c/mvFyD4T3djE

  Out of the box, I don't think XNAT 1.8 yet supports upload of pathology DICOM types SM and GM. However, as you can see progress is certainly being made and it should soon be possible to create sessions containing these data. As Dan says, we are working hard to allow the OHIF viewer to display these.

  Best wishes,

Simon

Daniel Marcus

Mar 18, 2021, 11:42:00 AM3/18/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simon. FYI, we plan to include SM and GM data types in an early April release.
-D

Naveena Gorre

Mar 18, 2021, 11:49:00 AM3/18/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hello Daniel and simon,

Thank you for all the information. I haven't tried uploading any dataset yet because the dataset I need is very large and I'm currently working on getting the required storage space but in the meanwhile I just wanted to make sure XNAT supports pathology. The updates will be definitely helpful if it could support diverse datasets.

Thanks again
Naveena Gorre

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "xnat_discussion" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/xnat_discussion/CABMRargP803Gbob4ftDotXDMBPEy1PPDYWYn_jmoqR4EUGFRWQ%40mail.gmail.com.