"Session already exists" (but it doesn't)

eloc...@gmail.com

Apr 5, 2024, 3:09:23 PMApr 5
to xnat_discussion
Hello all,

I am having a strange error with a series of exams for several patients (from several months ago) that are sitting in prearchive. They are being held in prearchive because supposedly, the session that they are being routed to "already exists." I have checked the XNAT project thoroughly, and these sessions do not exist. I have tried querying the database via REST/pyxnat, I have looked through the web interface, and cannot locate them. I tried force-archiving one of these exams, and I got no error or confirmation message, and still no sign of it in the database. Any ideas why these sessions appear to be going down a black hole, and where I can start looking to figure out the discrepancy of the "Session already exists" message?

Otherwise, I'm not having any issues with this XNAT instance, new patient exams are coming in daily and archiving properly with no problem.

Thanks for any suggestions, and have a great weekend.

Cheers,
Eve

eloc...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2024, 9:14:51 AM (12 days ago) Jun 24
to xnat_discussion
Hi all, I am following up on this issue. This XNAT has a fair amount of data in it; and it is having trouble with the search functionality.

For example, I am searching for exams from early 2023, but they do not appear in search, or in the patient list. I have old confirmation emails from when they archived in Feb 2023, I see the data folders when I log into the host server and search /data/xnat/archive, but the database is not returning them in a search. Does the database need to be cleaned? Restarting XNAT has not fixed this issue.

Thank you,
Eve

eloc...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2024, 11:19:51 AM (12 days ago) Jun 24
to xnat_discussion
Follow-up: I have the link to the experiment that was generated by my XNAT when the missing exams were archived in 2023. When I click that link and log into my XNAT, it appears that exam ID (ie, XNAT_E01841) has been re-assigned to another, newer exam in the XNAT.

This XNAT was last upgraded from 1.7.6 to 1.8.6.1 in Nov 2022, before these exams were even archived.

Again, all of the exam DICOM data exists in /data/xnat/archive, but the exam ID appears to have been overwritten in the database, so it cannot be found in the XNAT.

Best,
Eve