Expired XNAT LDAP Account Page

Duncan Smith

Jul 21, 2021, 12:03:51 PM7/21/21
to xnat_discussion
Hi all,

We've encountered some unexpected behaviour when a user attempts to sign in with an expired XNAT LDAP account (expired on the XNAT side).

When Require Email Verification is set to False/Not Required (Administer > Site Administration > Manage Access > Registration Options) if a user attempts to sign in with their LDAP credentials but the associated XNAT account is expired, they receive the error "Your login attempt failed because the username and password combination you provided was invalid or your user already has the maximum number of user sessions open. etc.". However if Require Email Verification is set to True/Required, when the user attempts to sign in with their LDAP credentials they are taken to the PostRegister.vm page, saying Registration Received etc.

We have tested this on XNAT 1.7.6, and 1.8.2.2, with the LDAP Plugin being the only Plugin installed. Is this the expected behaviour?

We have a custom plugin that changes some of the text on the PostRegister.vm page to explain how their XNAT LDAP account has expired, but also we have the Require Email Verification set to False, so the users never reach this page.

Thanks,

Duncan

Herrick, Rick

Jul 21, 2021, 12:24:43 PM7/21/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com

That doesn’t sound great. I wouldn’t so much say that it’s the expected behavior, just that it’s the default behavior because we don’t handle it well.

What I’m saying is that that’s a bug, so I wrote it up in XNAT-6860. Thanks for the report and good description!

--

Rick Herrick

Sr. Programmer/Analyst

Neuroinformatics Research Group

Phone: +1 (314) 273-1645

From: xnat_di...@googlegroups.com <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Duncan Smith <duno...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, July 21, 2021 at 11:03 AM
To: xnat_discussion <xnat_di...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [XNAT Discussion] Expired XNAT LDAP Account Page

* External Email - Caution *

Duncan Smith

Jul 22, 2021, 6:30:55 AM7/22/21
to xnat_discussion
Thanks for looking into this Rick, and the quick response.

Duncan