New OHIF viewer plugin release candidate 3.1.0-RC-3

Simon Doran

Sep 27, 2021, 6:40:27 PM9/27/21
to xnat_discussion
Dear All,

  We're delighted to announce that the XNAT-OHIF viewer will shortly be upgraded again. The current production release is version 3.0.1, which is what you will get if you go to download.xnat.org. However, my NCITA colleague Mo Al Sa'd has been working hard on a new 3.1.0 release with lots of new features. Those of you tracking the ICR's Bitbucket repo may have noticed that a series of release candidates have been uploaded as we have progressively refined the work and responded to issues.

  The release is now in late-beta and we would like to enlist more community support in testing the new features we have introduced. Here's a cumulative list of what has changed since the most recent production release (version 3.0.1):

v3.1.0-RC-3
Fixes
  • Replaced frame number with instance number in the Tag Browser.
  • Added DICOM File Meta Information to the Tag Browser.
  • Fixed overlays not displaying issue.
v3.1.0-RC-2
Fixes
  • Refactored the Tag Browser extension: bug fixes and showing all elements (for loaded images).
  • Refactored a new class to read and align NIfTI segmentation data. Added support for cornerstonejs/nifti-image-loader. (Note: This doesn't yet mean that the viewer is configured to display NIfTI files in general, but this much-requested feature is one that we are actively working on for a future release.)
  • Handle errors when loading images and show notification with error message.
  • Added notifications about ROI export issues.
  • Added a progress indicator for importing contour collections.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented changing Window/Level preferences.
  • Fixed slice order in image sets to match imageIndex with instanceNumber.
v3.1.0-RC-1
New & Improved
  • Upgraded to v4.9.20 of the mainstream OHIF Viewer (@ohif/vie...@4.9.20).
  • Filter ROI collection import list based session label and scan number.
  • DICOM tag browser added.
  • Visual notifications added to warn about inconsistencies in scan data, e.g. frames have different dimensions.
  • Highlight active scan in the Scan Browser panel, and show the number of available ROIs per scan.
  • Added new segmentation tools: correction scissors and brush eraser.
  • Toolbar buttons added to undo/redo manual segmentation.
  • Support changing segmentation brush size when using touch screen devices.
  • Smart & Auto segmentation brush: custom gate-separation value + retain the settings between viewer sessions.
  • Show the number of slices for each segment and jump to the middle slice when value clicked.
  • Toggle visibility of contour collections.
  • Added support for 3D Deepgrow in the NVIDIA AIAA Client (requires Clara v4.0+).
Fixes
  • Fixed the annotations ‘delete all’ function to remove currently displayed measurements.
  • Fixed segmentation export issue when having multiple viewports.
  • Fixed Ultrasound measurements to show values in physical units. Fix does not support SequenceOfUltrasoundRegions with a multiple entries.
  • Fixed imageId issue that prevented scrolling through some multi-frame images.
The latest release candidate is available as a plugin jar file here. It is strongly recommended that the "RC" versions of the plugin are not installed on production XNAT servers but we encourage you to try this latest one on your own test server and provide feedback here.

Best wishes,
Simon

elijah....@gmail.com

Sep 29, 2021, 4:15:06 PM9/29/21
to xnat_discussion
Hi Simon,

Weare starting to consider how to use XNAT to store microscopy mosaic data. Is that something the OHIF viewer might be able to handle in the future?

Best,
-Eli

Simon Doran

Sep 30, 2021, 4:20:56 PM9/30/21
to xnat_discussion
Hi Eli,

  Yes, if you were at the XNAT Workshop, you might have seen this teaser video, demonstrating the integration of the OHIF microscopy extension into the XNAT OHIF version. The technical reason why this has taken a while to achieve is that it was dependent on DICOMweb support being available in XNAT, which was not there until very recently.

  Before releasing this we have some optimisations to perform on the code, but we also have to do a lot more work in terms of verifying the correct conversion of vendor microscopy formats to DICOM, so that we can include the relevant data upload tools in our release.

  Best wishes,

Simon

CORADS reports

Mar 20, 2022, 6:46:50 AM3/20/22
to xnat_discussion
Greetings
Has the microscopy update been released yet?
There are softwares which convert PNG files into DICOM, would that for time being?
Regards
Dr Akshaykumar