DICOM compressed upload error

Nadya Shusharina

Jun 19, 2024, 2:03:37 PMJun 19
to xnat_discussion
Hello,

I was running dockerized XNAT 1.8.10 and I am no longer able to upload DICOM files using Compressed uploader: Extraction/Review failed: unable to read DICOM object. The zip file is uploaded correctly to xnat-data/cache/USERS/...  and I am selecting the prearchive option.

With a fresh installation of XNAT 1.8.10, everything works on, on the same machine, same directories and permissions. If I copy over the postgres-data from my broken production system,  the error is reproduced. It looks like something in postgres-data is causing the problem. Of note, this database has been previously created in 1.8.6 and put into 1.8.10.

Questions:
1) is it possible to reset all configuration data in postgres, keeping only project information?
2) is it possible to regenerate postgres-data from files in xnat-archive? I understand that project descriptions etc are not there, just project data
3) any suggestions for troubleshooting, logs etc?

Thank you,
Nadya

Nadya Shusharina

Jun 26, 2024, 10:09:46 PM (9 days ago) Jun 26
to xnat_discussion
Hello,

Following up on this, I checked the logs in xnat-data/home/logs, and there are no error messages after trying to upload a compressed file (problem described above).
Upon starting xnat with my pre-filled database, the following appears in the xdat.log:

2024-06-27 01:50:05,096 [main] ERROR org.nrg.xdat.servlet.XDATServlet - Preparing create SQL and got 1 optional SQL statements. Please review this optional SQL and consider executing it if required:
Optional SQL:
--Database column xnat_resource.uri is now required.
--ALTER TABLE xnat_resource  ALTER COLUMN uri SET NOT NULL;

Are there any steps I can take to debug the issue? The file uploader works fine whenever I start with empty postgres-data, but fails when trying to use existing postgres-data.

Thank you,
Nadya