Use API to run Docker Contained PET pipelines faster

Norah Vii

Jun 4, 2024, 4:01:24 PMJun 4
to xnat_discussion
Hi all,

Is there a way to run a Docker container using the XNAT API and requests?

If so, I would be able to rig something together that starts these automatically, but I'm unable to pull the resources when I do a GET request or find examples online.

Thanks,
Norah

Charlie Moore

Jun 4, 2024, 4:08:12 PMJun 4
to xnat_discussion
Hi Norah,

XNAT can be configured to automatically launch containers when certain events happen using the Event Service feature: https://wiki.xnat.org/documentation/using-the-xnat-event-service . Alternatively, yes, the Container Service plugin does have an API for launching containers. The CS APIs are documented here https://wiki.xnat.org/container-service/container-service-api .

Thanks,
Charlie Moore

John Flavin

Jun 4, 2024, 5:24:54 PMJun 4
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
In addition to the things Charlie said, which are all 100% correct, you could also consider using the Batch Launch plugin. It has its own APIs and UI which can launch a lot of containers.

John Flavin

Norah Vii

Jun 14, 2024, 12:21:44 PMJun 14
to xnat_discussion
Hey all, thank you for your ideas,

It turns out we don't have a dedicated dev server to do this. Is there a way I can host my own? Thanks,

Norah Vii

Charlie Moore

Jun 14, 2024, 1:06:43 PMJun 14
to xnat_discussion
Hi Norah,

Sure, the installation guide for XNAT is available here https://wiki.xnat.org/documentation/xnat-installation-guide . Do keep in mind though that if you're working on a highly customized version of XNAT right now, installing current XNAT and the modern open source plugins may behave differently from what you're used to.

Thanks,
Charlie Moore