Getting the volume from a Mask collection

Mattia Fonderico

May 22, 2023, 2:07:55 PM5/22/23
to xnat_discussion
Hi everybody,
I am a neurologist, working in Piombino, a small town along the Tuscan coast. Passionate about data science, I came across XNAT.
I made mask segments of cerebral ventricles of some brain MRI sessions. Now I would like to get the volume of these mask sessions. What is the best way to get this information?
Sorry if the question might appear dummy for the most experienced.

Thank you in advanced,
Mattia

Simon Doran

May 22, 2023, 7:46:14 PM5/22/23
to xnat_discussion
Hi Mattia,

  The best way is to wait a very short length of time for version 3.5.2 of the viewer plugin to ship and you will find this feature built in :-)

  Best wishes,

Simon

Mo Al Sa'd

May 23, 2023, 9:50:29 AM5/23/23
to xnat_discussion
Hi Mattia, Simon,

Actually, that is supported in v3.5.1 of the viewer. The volume measurement is displayed for each segment in the mask collection table (snapshot attached).
As it is shown in the snapshot, you can also view some 2D stats of the segments.

Kind regards,
Mo

Screenshot 2023-05-23 144511.png