Switching view plane in XNAT OHIF viewer

Sarah K

May 25, 2023, 4:28:21 PM5/25/23
to xnat_discussion
Not entirely sure of the best place to ask this very basic question, I hope here is fine!

When viewing a single scan in the XNAT OHIF viewer, how do you switch the view plane? E.g. if I'm viewing a scan and the default view is sagittal and I want to view coronal or axial. I don't want a split view with all 3 planes at once, only one plane at a time.

I'm a bit embarrassed that I haven't been able to figure this out, would love to start relying on the legacy viewer plugin a bit less for my DICOM data.

Thanks so much,
Sarah

Simon Doran

May 25, 2023, 9:07:23 PM5/25/23
to xnat_discussion
Hi Sarah,

  That's not a "basic question" (at least not in the sense of the word you mean!).

  The reason that you haven't been able to figure it out is that you can't actually do this in the XNAT OHIF viewer as it stands. The 2-D viewing mode, as opposed to the 3-D MPR mode (split view with all planes) does not currently support switching orientation. However, this is likely to change in the not too distant future, when a forthcoming release will utilise the capabilities of OHIF 3.

  Sorry we can't give any timelines at present, but watch this space.

  Best wishes,

Simon