Upload images using C#

Sathish babu

Nov 17, 2021, 10:29:00 AM11/17/21
to xnat_discussion
Good afternoon,

I am Sathish , working with Melanoma Institute Australia.

I can manually login into https://xnat.sydney.edu.au/ and upload compressed files manually into a selected project.

I have been trying to upload compressed image files to a project automatically using C#
Please check my following C# code

                var uri = new Uri("https://xnat.sydney.edu.au/");
                var uriWithCred = new UriBuilder(uri) { UserName = "*****", Password = "******" }.Uri;

                var request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(uriWithCred);
                WebResponse response = request.GetResponse();

                if (((System.Net.HttpWebResponse)response).StatusCode == HttpStatusCode.OK)
                {
                    blnResult = true;
                }

I am following https://xnat.readthedocs.io/ for API documentation but it has been explained in the Python.

My question is

How can I connect a existing project and upload compressed files using C#.

Thanks and regards,
Sathish

Moore, Charlie

Nov 17, 2021, 11:17:39 AM11/17/21
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sathish,

What you've linked is the documentation for XNATpy, not XNAT's API documentation. There are two widely used python libraries that provide their own APIs for wrapping XNAT's REST APIs: XNATpy and pyxnat. If you're using C#, there's no high level XNAT library that I'm aware of, so you'll need to use XNAT's REST APIs directly. The API documentation for the import service is here: https://wiki.xnat.org/display/XAPI/Image+Session+Import+Service+API .

Thanks,
Charlie