XNAT contianer service - cannot grab logs

18 views
Skip to first unread message

Daniel Beasley

unread,
Sep 10, 2026, 5:06:51 AMSep 10
to xnat_discussion
Hi all

XNAT 1.10.0, pg v17,  container service 3.8.1

I'm having a bit of trouble with the container service. It could possibly be database related as I have had some trouble with it. Everything seems to work, however, but I get an error when I try to view the container service log files:

Error grabbing logs: rpc error: code = Unknown desc = warning: incomplete log stream. some logs could not be retrieved for the following reasons: node xxx is not available.

We have a separate server running docker swarm, we connect using tls certificates. The node id is correct on our processing server and the pipelines superficially seem to work ok. We've had a lot of server updates recently, and recently updated both pg and XNAT. 

Kind regards,

Daniel 


John Flavin

unread,
Sep 10, 2026, 9:31:25 AMSep 10
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure exactly what is happening. I do know that generally the code that pulls live logs can be finicky if anything isn't exactly how it expects to find it.

Are you trying to grab the logs for containers that are still running or completed? And were they launched prior to your server updates or after? (As in, has the XNAT or the processing node been restarted since launching the containers?)

Flavin

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "xnat_discussion" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to xnat_discussi...@googlegroups.com.
To view this discussion visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/xnat_discussion/59c1d466-c9a4-4204-afe1-e7d72b6dea6bn%40googlegroups.com.
Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages