Best way to create assessors to shared subjects in child project

Amir Jaberzadeh

Aug 30, 2022, 2:45:15 PM8/30/22
to xnat_discussion
Hi, I am using XNAT to manage some of my collaborators. I need to have a parent project and give each collaborator a specific number of files from parent project to work on for image segmentation. At this moment my only solution was to give them collaboration role in parent project and share the files to their child projects and authorize them to create assessors in the parent project. This way it works but they can see all the images in parent project which confuses them. What is the best way to use XNAT for this purpose.Thanks

Amir Jaberzadeh

Sep 1, 2022, 11:44:49 AM9/1/22
to xnat_discussion
I appreciate if anyone has a solution for this problem.
Thanks,
Amir

John Flavin

Sep 1, 2022, 1:24:37 PM9/1/22
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
I'm a little confused. I would expect this setup would work:

Parent project contains all the image sessions. None of the collaborators has any permission on the parent project.

The collaborators have their own projects with their own permissions. You share the relevant subjects + sessions into their projects. They have permissions to create the assessors in their own projects.

Does that not work?

I guess I should add this context: if you are creating these assessors using containers, what I have outlined above would not have worked until recently. As of XNAT 1.8.5 and Container Service 3.2, we have enabled containers to run on shared sessions and create assessors in the sharing-destination project.

John Flavin
Backend Team Lead
He/Him

Tim Olsen

Sep 1, 2022, 3:02:09 PM9/1/22
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
If you shared the data from the parent project to the child project, then you shouldn't need to give the user access to the parent project at all.  Access to the child (shared) project alone should be sufficient.  Then, they wouldn't have access to the other data in the parent project.
Tim

Amir Jaberzadeh

Sep 6, 2022, 4:31:10 PM9/6/22
to xnat_discussion
Thanks, yes parent project owns the files ( I uploaded files into parent), I shared with child project and they can view images but on OHIF they can't export their segmentations. I have given them full access in the child project as in the picture. still not working on child project without giving them access to parent.Screenshot from 2022-09-02 07-57-10.png

Amir Jaberzadeh

Sep 6, 2022, 4:31:13 PM9/6/22
to xnat_discussion
I have tried this many ways. This is the permissions I gave to the child project. Still only works if I add child user to the parent project as a collaborator with creating CT sessions.
Pls help with this question.

On Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 12:02:09 PM UTC-7 timo...@flywheel.io wrote:
Screenshot from 2022-09-06 12-56-50.png

Charlie Moore

Sep 9, 2022, 1:55:44 PM9/9/22
to xnat_discussion
Hi Amir,

What version of XNAT and Container Service do you have installed?

Thanks,
Charlie Moore

Jing Zhang

Sep 12, 2022, 11:53:05 AM9/12/22
to xnat_di...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your help, Charlie!

We(Amir & myself) are using XNAT v1.8.5 and Container Service v3.2.1.

Thanks!
Jing

Charlie Moore

Sep 12, 2022, 5:47:47 PM9/12/22
to xnat_discussion
Hi Amir & Jing,

This being in the context of the OHIF viewer was the critical piece of information. That has its own set of APIs, and it looks like one of those APIs is blocking the call in this scenario. I've added an issue for it in their issue tracker here: https://bitbucket.org/icrimaginginformatics/ohif-viewer-xnat-plugin/issues/37/users-cant-create-roi-collections-on

Thanks,
Charlie