Element not found: 'xnat:ctSessionData_history'

Andrew Kay

Jan 23, 2023, 2:08:51 PM1/23/23
to xnat_discussion
Hi there,

We've seen this error message occur several times in our testing environments and are unsure of why this could be happening. The full error message is as follows

<head>
    <title>Status page</title>
</head>

    <h3>Element not found: 'xnat:ctSessionData_history'</h3>
            href="http://www.w3.org/Protocols/rfc2616/rfc2616-sec10.html#sec10.5.1">here</a>.<br>
Please continue your visit at our <a href="/">home page</a>.

This has been occurring when using the XNAT api and hitting the following api endpoint

data/projects/5e6e1ca0-5b34-4e98-8e8a-60a38dbb7285/experiments/test-session?format=json

We've also seen similar behaviour when trying to access individual project resources but the message being "
Element not found: 'xnat:projectData_history'" instead.

What particularly perplexing about this is that the endpoint usually work, sometimes for quite a while. Out of nowhere, this error will occur. We've found that when this happens, using "format=xml" still works and have made changes to our API to use this instead of json. I'm still curious to know if anyone has insight into why this happens though as it has cause us quite a headache.

We're running XNAT v1.8.6.1 within a kubernetes cluster. The pod XNAT is running on uses a Tomcat 8.5.41 image.
Postgres 11.7

Unfortunately theres nothing I can see in the logs that indicates where this is happening.

Has anyone come across this before that could share some insight into whats happening?

Thanks

The contents of this e-mail are intended only for the named addressees and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. If received in error, please contact us immediately on +44 (0)113 201 0600 and then delete the entire e-mail from your system. Unauthorised review, distribution, disclosure or other use of this information could constitute a breach of confidence. Your co-operation in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Answer Digital Ltd (reg. no. 03655429) is a company registered in England and Wales with registered office at Union Mills, 9 Dewsbury Road, Leeds LS11 5DD.