xnatpy support for older Python version

Hakim Achterberg

Aug 1, 2022, 9:39:33 AM8/1/22
to xnat_discussion
Hi all,

For xnatpy I supported a number of Python version, however with time some have become end of life and might be obsolete. These days more and more often I have to go through length to avoid incompatibility with Python 2.7 and to lesser extend 3.6. Both these version are end-of-life (see https://endoflife.date/python )

I am seriously considering discontinuing support for end of life Python version, but with this post I want to ask people here if they will get into trouble if Python 2.7 support is dropped. If there is still demand for it I could consider supporting it a bit longer, but if possible you should probably really upgrade your Python version ;-)

Cheers,
Hakim

tom.g...@gmail.com

Nov 11, 2022, 7:01:54 PM11/11/22
to xnat_discussion
Hi Hakim,

I switched to just targeting >3.7 a long while back so go for it I say.

Doubt anyone is actively developing in 2.7 anymore. There could be a few random scripts floating around some backwater servers somewhere, but in that case, I don't reckon XnatPy is getting updated either.

Cheers,

Tom