The C2 molecule: definitely a quadruple bond! ;-)

Benoit Braïda

Feb 18, 2016, 4:19:45 AM2/18/16
to XMVB User Mailing List

Dear colleagues,

You are probably all aware of the ongoing controversy about the C2 molecule, that has generated a lots of papers and discussions lately.

I would like to inform you that our last paper (with Sason Shaik, Philippe Hiberty and David Danovich) on this topic has now appeared online in Chem. Eur. J. I attach it to this email. It is dedicated to our great colleague and friend Andreas Savin for his 65th birthday.

This paper summarizes our views on all important aspects related to this topic and that has raised discussions and controversies, including new arguments and new findings supporting our main conclusion. We believe that it very clearly and definitely counter the conclusion that there is a double bond-plus and not a quadruple bond.

Don't hesitate to send it to colleagues that you think might be interested by the matter.

With best wishes from Paris,

Benoît

C2 Shaik et_al ChemEurJ 2016.pdf