Problems with VBPT2 energetics

Itay Karach

Dec 1, 2015, 9:01:37 AM12/1/15
to XMVB User Mailing List
Hello Fuming,
I am Itay, student from Avital Shurki's lab.
We have encountered a problem with VBPT2 calculations:
When we use two different versions of XMVB we get very different results (energies). 70 kcal/mol difference.

When using the old version of XMVB (2.0 from Jan 2015) we get different energy than the energy we get from the new version (2.1 from Sep 2015).
For example, the difference for the system OH- + CH3F in the reactant state is 70(!) kcal/mol. Although, xmi, gus and integrals files are identical.

example files are attached.

We will be happy to know which of the versions is correct.

Thank you,
Itay Karach,
from Avital Shurki's lab.
INFO
new-ver.gus
new-ver.xmi
new-ver.xmo
old-ver.gus
old-ver.xmi
old-ver.xmo
x1e.int
x2e.int

fmying

Dec 1, 2015, 7:41:27 PM12/1/15
to Itay Karach, xmvb-user
Dear Itay,
Could you send me ALL input files including MO calculation and VBSCF input files so that we can test it completely?

Best regards,

Fuming Ying, Engineer
Fujian Provincial Key Laboratory of Theoretical and Computational Chemistry
Xiamen University
Tel: 86-592-2187396
Mob: (86)15260202135

应富鸣,工程师
福建省理论与计算化学重点实验室
厦门大学化学系
电话:86-592-2187396
移动:(86)15260202135

Etai Karach

Dec 2, 2015, 1:54:03 AM12/2/15
to fmying, xmvb-user
all input files attached.
MO calculations run on GAMESS.
new-ver.gus
new-ver.xmi
old-ver.gus
old-ver.xmi
lvbscf.gus
lvbscf.xmi
mo.inp
mo.xmi

fmying

Dec 2, 2015, 9:12:25 PM12/2/15
to Itay Karach, xmvb-user
Dear Itay,
I tested your calculations and found that the old version result is the same as GAMESS-XMVB.
If you can get the latest version of XMVB 2.1 ( I think Avital may help you), the result is also the same as old version.
I think there was a bug in the new version and has been fixed now.
I'm sorry for the bugs there and the inconvenience.