Issues with the preint files for stand-alone XMVB

Lily Ireton

Oct 14, 2019, 7:41:57 PM10/14/19
to XMVB User Mailing List
I am just starting to use XMVB on Ubuntu 19.04. To learn the software, I have been using the 2017 tutorial on the website. Now, I am trying to make my own input file for the system for C4H4 (methylenecyclopropene). I am running the stand-alone version of XMVB, without GAMESS.

I have already obtained Cartesian coordinates of each atom from the MarvinSketch system (after optimizing the geometry). My attempt at making an input file for the preint calculation is attached here. Each time I try to run "preint c4h4-int.inp", I get the following error message.

I have modeled my input file here after the ones provided in the 2017 tutorial, specifically the one for benzene. The benzene input file is also attached here for your convenience.

Is this error generated because I have a formatting issue in my input file or a significant chemical issue with how the molecule is represented in the file? Is the issue just that the file cannot be opened? Any help or advice with regard to writing the "x.inp" input files for the standalone XMVB program would be much appreciated.

Lily Ireton
c4h4-int-inp
c6h6-int.inp