copy fit

ke...@blitzprint.com

May 24, 2024, 10:59:50 AMMay 24
to XMPie Interest Group
Hi All
Is any one having a problem using copy fit. If I apply copy fit to a text box with suppress trailing spaces, press ok, then go back into copy fit to adjust the settings press ok see the changes apply to the text, go to the next record then back to previous record and the copy fit changes are back to original settings. It seems the only way to change the settings is to create a new text box and start over with new copy fit settings.

Kelly

west-digital.fr

May 26, 2024, 3:02:03 AMMay 26
to XMPie Interest Group
None of our customers reported to have experienced this behavior.
To keep the conversation alive, would you like to elaborate, what platform you use (PC/Mac, InDesign version) and what XMPie version you use?

west-digital.fr

ke...@blitzprint.com

May 27, 2024, 1:54:07 PMMay 27
to XMPie Interest Group
I'm using windows 11, InDesign 19.4  X64 and XMPie uCreate Print Version 13.1.1 build 15202  [Apr  7 2024].

Kristian Knudson

May 28, 2024, 12:59:32 AMMay 28
to xmpie...@googlegroups.com

I've had this issue before, not necessarily with copy fit but in general when making changes, when you go to the next record then back to previous record and the changes are back to original settings.

I have found that if you set the data source at the bottom of the uCreate Print tab to "None" then make the changes and then set it back to your data source then it seems to work

Kind regards

Kristian

ke...@blitzprint.com

May 28, 2024, 9:59:40 AMMay 28
to XMPie Interest Group
Thanks Kristian, I will give it a try.👍

Amanda Duncan

May 28, 2024, 10:02:30 AMMay 28
to XMPie Interest Group
I've also had this issue. We've noticed that if you turn off suppress trailing spaces, set up your copy fit, then turn suppress trailing spaces back on, that does the trick.

ke...@blitzprint.com

May 28, 2024, 11:09:19 AMMay 28
to XMPie Interest Group
Thanks Amanda, I will try this as well.👍

ke...@blitzprint.com

May 28, 2024, 11:26:02 AMMay 28
to XMPie Interest Group
Thanks All. Both suggestions work great.👍👍👍👍