Is there such thing as a creo .vps file viewer/previewer for windows?

ga...@glamartin.eclipse.co.uk

Sep 7, 2010, 9:43:26 AM9/7/10
to XMPie Interest Group
Please forgive my lack of knowledge here but it's all a bit new. We
output creo vps files for our 6060's print production simply because
of the quick speed that the creo rips them otherwise we'd be sworn to
PDF's.

Now... the only disadvantage we have thus far is not being able to
preview the print files before we send them to our print production
site. This is proving to be a bit of an issue when the account
handlers want to check the content of what is actually going to print.

So.. to conclude. Is there some application I can install on my
development PC to allow me to view/preview/distil our .vps file before
they go to production?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards

Gary

Jan Teuteberg

Sep 7, 2010, 10:48:00 AM9/7/10
to xmpie...@googlegroups.com
Recently we started a request to Xerox und Creo. Answer: There will
be no Viewer from Xerox or Creo, the old one is no longer supported
and they won't distribute the old version. Currently there is no
way to preview those Files. There are no plans to release such a
tool in future. I can tell you that we are not happy with this status quo.

Please also start an official request, let's see how they react on it.

Currently we do small proof runs with PDF before we start the large
Production run with vps.

Regards

Jan

Walter Van waard

Sep 7, 2010, 12:48:05 PM9/7/10
to xmpie...@googlegroups.com
Jan,

I have a plugin for acrobat distiller if you would like to have it,
or others as well....just pm me at my office emailaddress...

Walter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad

TOB

Sep 7, 2010, 6:38:44 PM9/7/10
to XMPie Interest Group
If you go to the CREO web center that is view this using the IP
address from your machine
go to Downloads VDP tool box rightclick and save the VDPToolBox.exe to
desk top and install you will get a VDP viewer that will allow you to
open VPS as PDF and you can save this or print it out

On Sep 7, 11:43 pm, "g...@glamartin.eclipse.co.uk"

wvwaard

Sep 8, 2010, 2:18:33 AM9/8/10
to XMPie Interest Group
Interesting Tyrone.....I will try this. Is this documented
somewhere ?
We have been using Creo from the beginning but never ever has anyone
from xerox
pointed in this direction....
> > Gary- Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht niet weergeven -

wvwaard

Sep 8, 2010, 4:10:03 AM9/8/10
to XMPie Interest Group
Tyrone,

We here in europe are a bit disappointed ;-) We do not have the VDP
Viewer
on our Creo....we would be very greatfull if you could post the
installer
somewhere so we could check its function...

Walter

TOB

Sep 8, 2010, 7:51:33 AM9/8/10
to XMPie Interest Group
Look I'm away at the XMPie user conference in Florida and will be back
in office on mon 20th I'll email to you. there's no licence key so I'm
assumming its a free CREO product if you have a CREO RIP
> > - Tekst uit oorspronkelijk bericht weergeven -- Hide quoted text -

Walter Van waard

Sep 8, 2010, 11:51:32 AM9/8/10
to xmpie...@googlegroups.com
Great Tyron lets meet up overthere :-). i will be arriving saterday evening...
Jan ...you also submitted and added to this posting will also be there...

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPad