Ucreate 7.1.1 (latest) vs Indesign CC 2014 CRASH!

KBLGraphics

Sep 15, 2015, 8:22:02 PM9/15/15
to XMPie Interest Group
Hello!

I'm having some big problems with the latest Xmpie ucreate version with CC 2014.
I WAS using Indesign CS5 with an earlier ucreate version and everything worked just fine.
I updated to Ucreate 7.1.1 (latest) & Indesign CC 2014.

The problem is if I dynamic print anything remotely difficult (small variable images, logos, text), ID CC 2014 crashes every time!
these same file types took a little time in ID cs5, but worked! this update IS able to dynamic print BASIC files without crashing. go figure?!

I've trashed the CS5 XmPie folder, copied the entire job folder to my local drive and ran CC 2014 updates to no avail.

I have not tried re-installing Ucreate because I'm having these SAME issues on a second workstation using the same software versions!

I can't try 2015 since this version isn't supported by the latest version of Esko V14!

Any ideas welcome!  Thanks!

Tyrone

Sep 15, 2015, 8:26:19 PM9/15/15
to xmpie...@googlegroups.com

Hi KBL

Try trashing your indesign prefs first then reprocess the files if it still crashed put a call into support

Start InDesign, and then press Shift+Ctrl+Alt. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete preference files.

Regards,

Tyrone O’Brien

Director | Professional services | Multi-Channel Developer

P: 041 661 4187

E: tyr...@connect1to1.com.au

W: www.connect1to1.com.au

Avast logo

image001.jpg

KBLGraphics

Sep 15, 2015, 8:35:44 PM9/15/15
to XMPie Interest Group
thanks, I'll try that, although I had tech support on the phone for almost 2 hours and they couldn't figure it out.

couch

Sep 15, 2015, 8:50:59 PM9/15/15
to XMPie Interest Group
You mention having both InDesign CS5 and CC2014  installed and trashing the XMPie folder... Given this, I would certainly recommend uninstall and reinstall of uCreate - it takes only a few minutes and will help ensure that everything is installed and in its proper place.

If you continue to have problems with the job, it is best to try a few things to figure out where the problems is coming from:

* Try dynamic print to a different output type - eg if using PDF, try output to PostScript and use Adobe Distiller to process the postscript to PDF.
* Try processing 1 and then 10 recipients to see if you get correct output on smaller quantities of recipients
* Try using the advanced tab and turn on the "use InDesign image rendering" option.
* Check that you have sufficient available hard disk space on your computer.
* If you continue to get the crash, it could be something in the document (eg corrupted EPS or PDF asset/resource or corrupted text/graphic box in the design.) to test for this, "save as" the document to a new temporary indd file. Delete half of the pages, and try processing the job. if this still fails, repeat, but delete the other half of the document. If it is a bad object you should be able to repeat by reducing the # of pages, and then elements on the page until the culprit is found. - you can then investigate that element - if it is a graphic, try re-saving the image in Photoshop. If it is a text box, take a closer look at what is in the text, and the attributes of the box. Also, try deleting and recreating the object in InDesign.