404 - File or directory not found.

kamal aryal

May 27, 2024, 1:24:29 AMMay 27
to XMPie Interest Group
Hello ,
After configuring the circle plan in XMPie Circle and adding the dynamic PDF to the email, the PDF appears to be functioning correctly when opened for download. However, when attempting to attach it to an email, an error message is displayed stating "
Server Error,
404 - File or directory not found.The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

west-digital.fr

May 27, 2024, 1:38:56 AMMay 27
to XMPie Interest Group
Hello,
Could you elaborate, how you ""attach [a dynamic PDF] to an email"?
I was not aware that it is possible with XMPie - certainly I missed something.
Also, could you specify, your uProduce, XMPL and XES versions?

kamal aryal

May 27, 2024, 2:28:12 AMMay 27
to XMPie Interest Group
After setting up the circle plan in XMPie Circle, I attached an .indd file from touchpoints/p3-pdf and made it dynamic using ADOR values.

kamal aryal

May 27, 2024, 2:37:47 AMMay 27
to XMPie Interest Group
And we are using the latest version of everything

west-digital.fr

May 27, 2024, 3:29:22 AMMay 27
to XMPie Interest Group
Do you expect that people who will read you post in the next months or years will have to guess, what versions you are using today?

>> After setting up the circle plan in XMPie Circle, I attached an .indd file from touchpoints/p3-pdf and made it dynamic using ADOR values.
Yes... obviously.
But you are hereby describing, how you add a PDF Touchpoint in your Project (or Template).
You did still not elaborate, how you "attach" this Dynamic PDF to your email.
Again, I am not aware of any on-the-shelf way to attach Dynamic PDF to emails (for any good reason I can only guess, regardless it's performance or delivrability, XMPie has never wanted to implement that - or did I miss some recent new feature??)

kamal aryal

May 27, 2024, 5:34:03 AMMay 27
to XMPie Interest Group
The uproduce version i am using is 13.0,
i have attached the .indd file from the touchpoints/p3-pdf/documents - add section where a new window appears and says to upload a file . And i have generated the .indd file from adobe indesign
Here dynamic pdf means i have used adors to change the contents of the pdf .

kamal aryal

May 27, 2024, 5:37:10 AMMay 27
to XMPie Interest Group
Or can you please explain the process for changing the .indd file contents through adors and sending it to email . If i missed something

west-digital.fr

May 28, 2024, 5:07:39 AMMay 28
to XMPie Interest Group
OK, so you are not "using the latest version of everything": in your context, the latest version should be something like PersonalEffect (uProduce / uCreate) 13.1.1, XMPL 3.5 and XES 3.7.

In my knownledge, on-the-shelf, it is not possible to attach an XMPie personalized PDF to an XMPie personalized Email: the only thing you can do is to add a personalized Link to an XMPie email, that will trigger the composition of an On-Demand PDF, based on an InDesign (or XLIM) document template.

More information can be found per instance in this page of the Online XMPL Reference.

The easiest way to implement this in an email is certainly to tag the email body with the PDF Touchpoint taken from the "Special ADORs" tab in the left pane:

On-demand PDF in Email Body.png

The related XMPL code should look like this:

On-demand PDF in Email Body XMPL code.png

Then, if your problem is still alive, you may wonder, what is the URL generated by the Link, and if there is any obvious or non-obvious reason for that.
In my case, the URL composed by the XMPL code in the Email looks like this:

On-demand PDF URL sample.png

If you think your situation is a bug, feel free to contact the XMPie Support Team.